Monday, November 30, 2015

The Weekend Illustrated

My long Thanksgiving weekend started Wednesday, when I was let off work a few hours early. I was able to make it out to Irvine and go to a workout training session with Kathleen at her bootcamp. Ouch! Then we went and got sushi. Mmm! Then AJ and I went and saw the last Hunger Games movie. Fun! My throat was starting to hurt at this point.

On Thanksgiving morning I didn't feel very good. My throat was feeling worse. AJ played basketball in the morning and then came over with Anana, and we went to my mom's. It was your standard Thanksgiving - food, alcohol and card playing into the night. We were back there the next morning for breakfast, Christmas movies and then a small hike at Lake Perris, where Anana saw horses for the first time and tried to eat them!

Anana and the horses




We had a lot of fun slow-mo videoing her eating and going for treats too.

Anana misses

That night we went downtown for the Festival of Lights, of course we missed the fireworks (I miss them every time I try to make it) and I was feeling awwwwwful. Achey and fevery. That's why I took so many shots before we went out and then I started to feel amazing. We took more videos feeding Anana.

Kathleen feeds Anana


I feed Anana


We walked around, although not very long. It was verrrrrrrry crowded and verrrrrrry cold (for California). We basically did a loop around the Mission Inn and then went and ate. My shots were wearing off and I was feeling awful again and I think I fell asleep at the table.





On Saturday I couldn't do anything. That night was miserable, I almost got up in the middle of the night to take a hot bath because I felt so horrible. AJ went golfing in the morning and I had wanted to take Anana to the dog park (minus the Mt. Rubidoux hike this time) but I just couldn't. All I could do was sleep and pump myself full of Tylenol, Sudafed, Alka Seltzer, cough drops, tea, honey, and anything else I found lying around. AJ came back with food and lemons, and then picked out a bunch of movies for us to watch and we basically slept all day. I mean I was sick, I'm not sure what his excuse was, but misery loves company! I did get cabin fever in the evening though and insist that we go out to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor to use my $10 off coupon that was expiring soon. We shared a butterscotch malt and ICE CREAM NACHOS. It was three scoops of ice cream (pre-chosen: chocolate malted crunch, animal cookie and mint chip) on a bed of waffle cone "chips" and was amazingggggg. Then we went back home and went to bed.

I woke up feeling muuuuuch better on Sunday but still not 100%. AJ left for home and I cleaned what I could and then put up like all 5 of my Christmas decorations while watching Christmas movies! Part of that included a small tree which needed garland and ornaments, so it did take a little longer than it sounds like.

I was sad to spend the long weekend so sick, but happy to be feeling so much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment