Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Mystery Postcard

In early summer of 2014 I got a postcard from Cuba delivered to me when I was living at my mom's house. It was really perplexing because I had moved to my mom's on a whim for only a month or two, and I didn't recall ever telling anyone that I had even moved, let alone gave out the address. It was maybe the biggest head-scratcher of my life. I contacted anyone and everyone I thought may have been capable of something like that, and anyone who had been traveling, but no one knew what I was talking about. I didn't forget it, but I gave up wondering about it, although I kept it on my vanity as a small reminder of the mystery.

A few weeks ago during the World Series, I was texting with my old New York City roommate. He is from Brooklyn and a huge Mets fan. He loved that I went to school with Lucas Duda and used to ask questions and ask me to connect them (which is impossible because no one from school is connected to him anymore that I can tell - he's too cool for us haha) but he eventually asked if I had gotten some sort of surprise last summer and long story short - he was the culprit! I think I must have given him the recent address for some housekeeping close-up with our apartment, but anyways, it felt amazing to solve that mystery - it was over a year old! Nancy Drew and the Mystery Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment