Monday, November 23, 2015

Friendsgiving Weekend

This past weekend was very full and busy. On Friday it was the second anniversary of my car, and I'd been wanting to buy the new Florence and the Machine album since it came out on June 2nd of this year (I had just been streaming it at work for forever) and when I remembered I worked across the street from a music store, I decided it was a present for both my car and me, and finally bought it. The amazing thing is that, listening to it with the sound turned up and not whispering in my office, it sounded even more beautiful than I realized! PLUS it was the DELUXE version and I got 3 new songs out of it! My God she is amazing. Her songs are so whimsical and beautiful and storytales and conceptual and mesmerizing. My favorite new song is Which Witch.


On Friday night my boyfriend finally came home after being out of town for work for three weeks. To celebrate, he left before sunrise on Saturday morning to go play golf with his friends, lolololol, so I got some alone time with Anana! We hiked Mt Rubidoux and then went to the dog park, but she was so exhausted. She went to go play with the dogs for a few minutes but then just came and laid down at my feet, she was dunzo after the hike in the heat.






That evening we went to a Friendsgiving in Rancho Palos Verdes where there were over 100 people there!! The house was beautiful with a huge backyard overlooking LA. They had pulled out all the stops from food and drinks to bonfires and cigars.



Someone had brought their pug who had lost the use of their hind legs and instead just zipped around the house in this little wheelbarrow wheelchair, which was so adorable.


We were still there at 2am, eating and watching Clueless with the rest of the stragglers, and AJ was finishing up scotch from the $160 bottle that was opened and being distributed. We got to his mom's at 3a, then had to wake up by 8:30a, get coffee and head back down to Orange County for football (oh joy).

This group of friends has just started getting married in the past year or so, so there are no kids, only lots of dogs and fur babies to juggle and watch. This was cute, because Ara was the only one on the ground and the dogs huddle silently and watched every bite. A fly flew by and two of the dogs followed it, and so he snuck a bite to the one dog still watching him, haha! Suckers.



It was a long day of football. One of girls is from Chicago and that's her Bears hat she left lying around. I entertained myself by coming up with "celebrity names" for the games that were being played. My favorite was the Chargers against the Chiefs and I kept asking them to turn the Charfs game back on hahahaha it still cracks me up.

We left at the very end of the Packers Vikings game. We got sushi and went back to his house then literally fell asleep in front of the TV, and this was like, 6p, oops. I know it's only a three-day week but I'm sleepy already! Is it 5 yet?

2 comments:

  1. As I am someone who loves dogs more than humans, I'd say you lucked out taking the gorgeous Anana on a hike! Haha. Looks like wheelbarrow Pug won Friendsgiving!

    ReplyDelete