Monday, November 16, 2015

ASSERT DOMINANCE

My cat Khaleesi has this really odd trait of always laying on my side of the bed, exactly where I sleep, sit, lay, etc, close to my nightstand. She lays in bed with me every night on the other side, so you'd think that she'd get territorial over her own. But if I get up to go to the bathroom, I will come back and she has repositioned herself exactly in my spot. When I am doing stuff in the living room and she wants to lay down, she lays down in my spot. When I come home after work, if she is sleeping, she is sleeping in my spot. I've never really had a cat do that before.

I looked it up last night, thinking that it would say that this means your cat loves you so much they need to be where they can smell you and think of you and remind themselves of you. (One article did say that if you routinely use a similar spot, the cats will understand that it is a very safe place and therefore will seek to be there). However, most of them said that cats do this to...

ASSERT DOMINANCE.

Basically, you're fighting for alpha with your own cat and if you lay claim to a territory, they're going to assert dominance by trying taking it over every chance they get.

Not exactly the warm, fuzzy, sense of devotion I was hoping for with Khaleesi. But now that I know, I can fight her back! I will be alpha!

Also, guess who finally is figuring out all the features on her new phone? ME! I had a fun time this weekend with the slow-mo videos, and got this one of Khaleesi.



Sorry it's so dark and hard to see. It's shockingly hard to throw her rubber band and film her at the same time, so this was the best that I could get... for now. Get ready for the barrage of cat videos coming your way, starring Khaleesi!

No comments:

Post a Comment