Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Red Cup

I have the day off - yay! I love when Veteran's Day fall in the middle of the week. It kind of forces me to really relax and take the day off, since it isn't mashed into three-day weekend that I try to use up with a vacation, I really do just have to hang out and relax. I like it.

You know what I don't like? The controversy over the Starbucks red cup this season. I think what annoys me is that everyone is treating offensiveness as a crime worthy of capital punishment. You're offended. Move on. EVERYTHING becomes such a THING. I remember in my government class in high school, our teacher told us "You do not have the right to not be offended." AMEN!

To me, the annoying part has nothing to do with what it "represents" politically, religiously or otherwise. It's a goddamned red cup from a coffee company. It was their choice to ever issue any red cup, what the hell makes you think they owe you anything with their chosen designs?!

I probably belittle myself by even weighing in on this topic and stooping to such moronic controversy, but I'm too broke to go shopping and take advantage of Veteran's Day sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment