Tuesday, March 22, 2016

My Damn Chart

Have I ever told you how much I love my doctor? Yes, I did. And I saw her again this morning and I STILL LOVE HER. Seriously. I want to get margaritas with her and ask her to be the godmother to my unborn children. She is wonderful and kind and attentive and just, officially, the best. The office, on the other hand, is a problem. The first time I ever went, in an effort to be truthful, did admit that I occasionally had a cigarette in my past. I also enjoy smoking when I drink at times (less so as time goes on) and we're talking 1-2 cigarettes every 6 months. Yet they put me down as active smoker. And it stays in their system as active smoker. And every time I visit I ask them to amend that because I am not an active smoker and they say sure, but every time I return, I'm asked if I've quit yet and given secession packets! I am, for sure, going to turn into Elaine trying to hijack my doctor's chart to change the info on there. They have too much power!

Additionally: update on my 23andMe kit - It arrived on Saturday - I gave my specimen and stuck that sucker in the mail on Saturday afternoon. This morning, I checked on it, it was already sent back to company HQs in North Carolina and then received by the lab in Canada! It's already been accessioned (opened by lab technicians) and passed inspection - so it's waiting now to have the DNA extracted. Sooo crazy! I am told I'll have my results in 6-8 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment