Thursday, March 17, 2016

Luck o' the Irish...?

First of all, green can be a beautiful color, and I don't mind supporting it on St. Patrick's Day. The problem is when, like this morning at my board meeting, too many shades of green come together in the room in the most hideous display ever: lime green, pea green, mint green, emerald green, yellow-green... ew. I was actually distracted by how ugly all the greens were together.

So now is a good time to tell everyone what my 30th birthday present to myself is...! Awhile ago, AJ's friend Nykole told me about how she did this DNA testing thing and found out her lineage (which shockingly included some East Asian!) and other crazy things. I thought it was so neat and placed it neatly on my radar. It's no cheap feat. So I figured my milestone 30th was a perfect time to invest and I ordered my 23andme DNA kit! First it needs to ship to me, I have to submit a saliva sample, and then it is estimated to take 6-8 weeks to run through the lab reports and get back to me.

The question is... do I really have the luck o' the Irish? My freckles say yes, but my brain says hmm I dunno. So we shall see! I'm super stoked about it and happy about the choice of my bday present to myself this year!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool. I'm looking forward to your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I'm looking forward to your results.

    ReplyDelete