Friday, August 1, 2014

Paging Dr. Wong

I don't really have any memories of a consistent doctor, or a family doctor, or someone who had all my records. Trying to get my medical history is like those metaphors for rumors: when someone throws a handful of feathers into the wind and then you have to go and try to collect all the feathers. I also have never really found a single hairdresser or nail stylist or anything, which is odd because I'm generally very loyal to my brands and affiliations, but there it is.

When I got my first job with benefits in San Diego, I wanted to find a doctor that I would actually like, and thanks to Yelp of all things, I hit the jackpot on my first try. Becky Winn had an office in walking distance from my apartment in Hillcrest and I LOVED her. I actually fainted once in the office after she and I were done and she came rushing back and sat with me until I felt better, distracting me with stories about visiting her family in Vietnam or getting food poisoning in Indonesia on her honeymoon. I loved Becky Winn. I used to tell Pam and Priya and Palak that if we needed another roommate, I wanted Becky Winn to come live with us! I was always sad to have to leave Becky Winn when I left San Diego, and the goal was always to find another doctor as good as her.

Well, I think I may have found Becky Winn's match here in Riverside! And this is such a relief after the slough of DISASTERS in New York City, and yes, they were DISASTERS. But now that I have Dr. Jenny Wong I can live free again!! Jenny Wong is amazing, also with a convenient office location, and she even has a ring like mine. My gift to myself for my 28th birthday was a Tiffany's ring from their sterling silver Atlas collection, and I bought it from the Tiffany's in Bellagio on the Las Vegas strip. I wanted the ring for a myriad of things that it represented to me, and Pam and Priya were also very enamored with it when they saw it, so much so they considered getting it for themselves too, and I tried to convince them to buy one for themselves and they could be our sister rings! But in the end they didn't. BUT - leave it to my new BFF Dr. Jenny Wong to point out that we had similar rings. Where my ring is cut-out silver, her is a thicker band of solid silver with the Atlas design engraved and then bands of diamonds encircling both edges. In short, she has the bling-bling upgrade of my exact ring, which only further confirms that she and I are soul sisters, and the rest of my appointment confirmed that she is my new favorite doctor and I am so happy to have found her!

I had taken off work to see the doctor but was still meeting Marisa after work for yoga, so I had some time to kill. I happened to be right by the shooting range, where my mom and Jim were, so I met up with them and got in for free for some more archery training. I was able to take the finger guard off and try shooting without it, which wasn't too bad.





I didn't get as many bullseyes, but then again I was in heels. Hey, the Zombie Apocalypse can happen at ANY TIME. Even between the hours of 8a-5p, Monday through Friday. So whose better prepared now?

No comments:

Post a Comment