Tuesday, March 8, 2016

20 Adventures from my 20s: #15

There are so many weird places that I developed a desire to see for little-to-no reason at all: New Orleans, Montreal, South Carolina, New England. One place I was desperate to see (inexplicably) was Maine. So when I knew I would be leaving the East Coast, I made sure to have one last jaunt to Boston, and Chrishon indulged me in a

ROADTRIP FROM BOSTON TO MAINE

We loaded up and headed to the 95 to go north up the eastern seaboard and made stops in New Hampshire and Maine.

New Hampshire has no taxes on liquor, so right across the border we stopped at a liquor store to get some shooters (and I think I bought a bottle of flavored vodka too). We stopped in Portsmouth, New Hampshire where a small street festival was going on in the city center, and crossed up the bridge border into Maine, where we ate lunch, I took an oyster shooter, and we stopped by the coastline.

I like the old preserved settlements of New England. I love how foreign it feels, and the architecture and charming centers. I love the lush landscape and the rocky coastline and the lighthouses and the lobsters and seafood. I would have liked a longer stay, going further up into Maine, eating more seafood, but I'll take what I can get, and it was a really nice weekend. It actually was so nice, it made me even more sad to think about leaving the East Coast, being so close to Chrishon and such beautiful places that I loved, and still having so much on the East Coast to explore.



























And I just LOVE roadtrips, they are always an adventure and turn out to be my favorite memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment