Monday, March 21, 2016

Walk With The Animals

On Saturday I had to represent my nonprofit board and table at the Mary S. Robert's Walk With The Animals and IT. WAS. ADORABLE. !!!

I can't believe this was the 24th year they were doing it!! It's a walk around the lake in Fairmount Park with your animals. And notice I didn't say your dog. Your ANIMALS. There was literally a lady walking her miniature horse!

There were ton of animal-related vendors (I got lots of freebies and even some dog and cat treats), the 4-H club came out with pigs and goats and horses and chickens, the police K-9 units were out and did demonstrations, there were demonstrations on training and playing with your dog, agility courses, and a pet costume contest!!






Our booth was giving away Mission Inn Run medals
and one kid we gave it to tied it onto his cute boxer!



Looks like Anana!


This little girl was in there forever brushing the
horse's fur and mane, it was sweet


Look at the chicken!! Cracks me up every time










Yes I bought this book from the Riverside Friends
of the Library for 50 cents

YES. These exist.

Don't mind me, just walking my horse








It's hard to tell, but this costume is a teddy bear - the dog's
face is the face and the teddy bear arms to the side. Viewing straight on
was the most adorable thing I saw all day



The teddy bear (named Munchy haha) won!
If I wasn't working the event for so long I totally would have harnessed Khaleesi up and brought her out! It was so cute to see all the happy animals, and they were so happy to be around other dogs too. It was precious!

Then I got home and my 23andMe kit had arrived! I gave them my specimen (just spit!) and sent it off.


Once the lab gets it, it'll be about 6-8 weeks until I get the results...

Then it was my mom's birthday dinner in Irvine on Saturday evening, then AJ and I went to his friend's place, then we drove back to Riverside and got up early to do the Mission Inn Sunday brunch for Marisa's birthday, then we went home and napped for like 4 hours (AJ says that's not a nap) then back to Irvine and we watched Wisconsin beat Xavier in what the announcer called a "buzzer buster" lolololol.


And this is me waking up this morning with a kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment