Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Funsies

I continue to interrupt my own adventure programming with more adventures from the fun weekend! I.E., my birthday dinner with the fam was on Friday - we went to Dragon House and the owners made me a little origami-esque butterfly which I thought was sweet. Afterwards, the younger generation went to Wolfskill in downtown Riverside for drinks, which I found to be too loud and I was tired lolololol.

The next day, AJ went to go play basketball and I took Anana to the dog park. Other times I've taken her it's been pretty scarce, but this time there were dogs a-plenty! It was cute.





When AJ got back, he and I went to Castle Park to continue our mini golf war (we're trying to do all 4 courses there before our passes expire at the end of this month). Here is him in front of Aladdin's castle (in which I got a hole-in-one! I got TWO of those this time around!!) and then the peacock that's around that had his tailfeathers fluffed and beautiful.



I also made AJ ride one of the roller coasters with me lolololol and "roller coaster" is used very lightly here.

That evening we went to AJ's friend's house to watch the UFC fights. I'm not a big fight person but I enjoy the social aspect. Because we were the first people there and AJ was doing the cooking, I had nothing to do but sit in front of the TV and watch all the interviews and promos and get super invested in them all. That's why I was so into it and so devastated when both Holly Holm AND Conor McGregor lost! I was really going for both of them.

Oh side note: the other evening I was in the backyard when I heard a rustling from the bushes and saw one of the stray neighborhood black cats come out. Then I realized it WASN'T the stray neighborhood black cat but a raccoon bigger than a dog. And then another one follow him out too. I was totally stunned and what scared me even more was how they both saw me and watched me but didn't care AT ALL about me. They were not intimidated or freaked out in the slightest, and not cautious at all. So that was terrifying. I tried to take pictures but this was all I got. You can kinda see the outlines and the tails. But I was trying to back up at the same time I was trying to get pictures. I immediately went and brought Khaleesi inside from the front. She is safe!



Anyways, back to the weekend. On Sunday we brought in breakfast and hung out until I was heading down to San Diego to celebrate Rafael's 30th (which is this Thursday). Rob put on an amazing party - he rented out a great little bar in San Diego for the venue; there was a slideshow of pictures, there was Rafael trivia (which I won!!) and Rafael raffle and cardboard cutouts and a guestbook and games like life-size Connect 4, Jenga, cornhole, etc. And Rob walking around with a PA system on wheels in tow was the crown jewel hahaha.
















I stayed the night in SD, and Pam, Doug and Priya and I watched Girls and Bravo and had more wine and a right little slumber party! I drove in from San Diego this morning and it was clear skies. The radio stations I was listening to were all LA-based and talking about the thunder and rains, which I thought was weird. It was sprinkling when I pulled up to work. I stopped in Starbucks and while I was in there, a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR started, and buckled into work on a rainy Monday. My last week of being 29!

No comments:

Post a Comment