Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Black & White Cookie

I love the black and white cookie. It's some sort of East Coast bakery tradition, and I fell in love with it while I was in New York City. The Starbucks along the Eastern seaboard would sell miniature versions, so you may remember me mentioning them. Palak and I used to make it a tradition when we would meet up, in Baltimore, DC or New York, to stop and get black & white cookies. Maybe you even remember when Doug came to the East Coast and he, Palak, Sri and myself took our mini road trip to West Virginia to watertube down the Shenandoah and made a special stop for black and white cookies.


My boss is from the East Coast and at some point we were reminiscing on East Coast things and I mentioned my special obsession for the black and white cookie, lamenting that I couldn't find them on the West Coast.

Well today she stopped in and presented me with the one, the only, black and white cookie, that she found, (of all places!) downstairs at the Jersey restaurant below us. I was stoked! And it was so kind of her to buy one for me! And look at the size of it! It's triple the size of the Starbucks ones!


Sri's comment when I wrote to him and Palak about the surprise was "maybe you should have told her you were obsessed with Ferrari's instead."

This is like my obsession with the Asian bakery: IT SPELLS TROUBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment