Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fairmount Park

I missed yoga yesterday and was very sad about it. Marisa texted me that she wasn't going to be able to make it, but I still had every intention of going. Unfortunately, the universe had different plans for me.

Our department was taken out for ice cream at the end of day (mmmm...) that had me leaving a little late. Then I was rushing out the door and realized I forgot my phone. Then I remembered that I had to park further away than normal today, so I figured I just wasn't going to make it, and it wasn't worth the stress. If this sounds ridiculous, it's not. We're always on a very strict schedule to make it to the 5:30 class, and this is in Redlands, so if we don't leave by 5:00, we're late, which annoys me more than the traffic. So it didn't happen.

I got home and was already in workout clothes, so I put headphones in my phone and headed out to run around downtown Riverside and into Fairmount Park and around Lake Evans. Now I've been to Fairmount Park many times, but the weather was perfect and for some reason it seemed more beautiful than usual.



(My phone was in my running armband so really hard to get a picture).

The entire running experience was just so nice. Perfect weather, houses decorated for Halloween, people walking their dogs, or feeding the ducks with their kids, and a little girl chasing her cat (how did the cat not get away?) and everyone so friendly.

And gosh! Those houses downtown!! They are so unique and beautiful, and the kind that just make you happy to know that they exist! On the same block there is one that looks like a European cottage, one like a Mediterranean beach house, a mission-styled pueblo, a regal colonial structure, and a turn-of-the-century American craftsman home. That's the dreeeeeam.

No comments:

Post a Comment