Wednesday, October 8, 2014

International L♥VE

I love all my international students, but it's impossible not to feel a little rejuvenated when I get to work with a new culture or talk with someone from a country that I don't often get exposed to. Today I helped a new admit student from Kenya, and she was so sweet, and I told her how I took a class on the Congolese language of Lingala and she was excited and just started gabbing away about the language and culture and it was a real connection for us, she was cute! It reminded me of why I love working with international students so much.

And then I had to go get my eyebrows did and my lady sold me some handcrafted herbal eyeliner from her home country of Nepal. I guess she's lucky I just had payday so I could spare the $4, but I still felt so worldly! It's nice to live in a place with so much diversity. I'm told this eyeliner (which looks like melted kohl on the end of a small wooden stick not bigger than a single match) will last years and she insists that her clients love it. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment