Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Volleyball!

I've been noticing that I'm either getting old, or lazy, or both, and feel like I haven't "done much" lately, so AJ and I fixed that right up by signing up for volleyball with the city's rec classes. I was veryyyyy nervous, only because I had no idea who/what kind of people would attend this whole thing. Actually, first I went on to register and there were only 6 people signed up and I thought that's going to be super awkward and weird and I'll wait to see if more people sign up. I told AJ and he said who cares, just sign us up, with us it will be 8 people we can play rounds of 2's and 4's. So I did.

Yesterday was the first one and ittttt wassssss awesomeeeee! We had soooo much fun! First of all, there were like 25-30 people there (???), a lot of people who knew each other and were regulars, so it seemed they just showed up without paying or paid through different means?? but whatever! Everyone was at least a decent skill level so there were good rallies and fun teams and it was basically just an open gym with nonstop volleyball for 2 hours.

AJ was the best one there of course, because there aren't sports that exist that AJ isn't the best at. If you think I'm bragging, I'm really not, it's actually obnoxious lololol. Inbetween games I was trying to have AJ help me with my overhand serve and people kept going up to him asking how long he played for, did he play in college, does he still play, blah blah blah and I'm just sitting over there on the other side of the court alone waiting for them to leave lulzzzzz.

Anyway it was suuuuuuper fun and we were exhausted by the end of it and I'm soooo looking forward to continuing!

No comments:

Post a Comment