Monday, April 24, 2017

Unicorns. Comedy. Pearo+Gary. Padres. Priya.

I had an eventful life since last Thursday. First of all, my boss and I broke up our 3p slump by going and getting unicorn frappuccinos from Starbucks. Wow did we feel basic. And I don't even care. I really liked it. So sue me.





On Friday night, we went to the Irvine Improv to celebrate a friend's birthday. The comedian, Gad Elmaleh, is actually a Moroccan comedian I knew from my French classes, where we watched a lot of his movies, since growing up in the Maghreb he spoke French and was big in French culture. AJ and I had watched his stand-up on Netflix and really enjoyed it, and everyone else really liked him on Friday too!


On Saturday morning, AJ and I were hungover and slow moving and were very late heading down to San Diego, but made it just in time to leave our car at Rob & Raf's and then Uber to La Jolla for Pearo's wedding, which was just beautiful on the La Jolla cliffs! It was fabulous and we had a great time celebrating Pearo & Gary! Raf was in the wedding and Rob even officiated! I loved it.
















We crashed at Rob & Raf's that night, and in the morning, I went on a run, and then AJ and I went and got El Zarape lunch (mmmm) and then went and got tickets to the Padres/Marlins game and sat in the Park at the Park with beers (michelada for me mmmm) and I even took a nap.



We went to Big 5 to buy AJ some kneepads for our volleyball league since he's struggling without those, and then went to Pam & Doug's to have dinner with them, Doug's parents and PRIYA!! who was in town from Chicago that I hadn't seen for over a year!! It was too short but it was totally worth staying to see her and catch up a bit. So now a visit to Chicago may be in our near future since I can't go another full year without seeing her again!

Here was Gordon waiting for his dinner. Ha.


Busy week for me this week, looking forward to an upcoming weekend of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment