Friday, April 7, 2017

Khaleesi vs. Tree Round 2

Last time Khaleesi got stuck in a tree, the tree won. This time, I think maybe Khaleesi won? (Or at least I did).

After working out, I went home and AJ and I were making dinner together. We almost always leave our back door open and have our backyard lights on outside, so it's nice. At some point I heard Khaleesi meowing (she usually only meows if spoken to first) and I couldn't see her anywhere, but she kept responding every time I called her, and that's how I know it's trouble. Anyway, following her meows I found her, once again, up in a tree! Damn cat just doesn't learn!

It wasn't too high up, but it was enough to freak her out and at a weird angle that she couldn't easily get back down to the fence from (which was probably how she got up there in the first place). So I tell AJ we need to rescue a kitty from the tree, thinking he's going to need to do most of the labor, but by the time he had shoes on and was outside, I was already making my way up. Plus, it was all weird and difficult, so I had to step on AJ's back to get up the fence and then hold onto the tree and Khaleesi did come and let me get her, but her instincts had her clawing at the tree, curling around the branches and not wanting to not be secured somewhere, so most of the time rescuing her was spent unhooking her claws from the tree just to have it latch back on once I freed it lololol. Then I handed her to AJ who put her down and then I had to climb back down on AJ to get down and accidentally sat on his head lololol oops.

Anana was excitedly watching all of this and then chased Khaleesi back into the house once she was grounded again. I wish she was more shepherd and would have that tendency to corral Khaleesi haha.

Hoping that cat stays out of trees for the foreseeable future! I may not be able to rescue her next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment