Monday, April 17, 2017

Hoppy Easter

That "hoppy" has more than one innuendo from this weekend...! AJ went to San Francisco for the weekend, so my weekend started on Friday with the place to myself! Anana was already picked up for the weekend though, so it was just me and the kitty and it was basically getting the living room TV to myself, gouging myself on chocolate from my Easter basket from AJ's mom and going to bed early. Wild.

On Saturday I went down to the Mission Valley Craft Brew Festival in San Diego to meet up with Marisa and her friends, coming from Riverside, to celebrate Marisa's birthday. It was all free beer and free food and a pretty warm day!



After that, I went to Pam & Doug's and we ordered in, had grapefruit martinis, watched Rogue One and then an endless parade of Saturday Night Lives. It was amazing.

On Sunday morning I went for a run and then came back to have coffee on their deck and watch the planes fly in, and then we relaxed around the house and then headed to Doug's parents' place for their big Easter celebration.

It was a fun time, lots of mojitos, and our egg hunt! They give us each half an egg carton to find 6 eggs each. The best part is that, every year, Debbie puts some eggs in the bottom of the pool, and this time, Fern went for those first, so he set his egg carton down and then Pam's dog Monty grabbed it and was running around with the egg carton, which looked like she was hunting for eggs too. It was soooo cute!




We had a wonderful dinner that had me uncomfortably full by the end, and we got to leave with beautiful, elaborate "adult" Easter baskets, with sangria and wine glasses and chocolate! Soooo cute!

My drive home was pretty rough, even leaving at 8pm, so much traffic, I was full, sleepy and getting annoyed but I had the S-Town podcast to listen to. I don't really "get" this podcast and don't think it's that great, but at least it was something to keep my attention for over 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment