Thursday, April 27, 2017

LUCA ANDREW

I remember all the time growing up and my sisters and I would always argue about who had to have kids first, so that the rest of us could be aunts. Well I'm happy to say that I won that argument and I'm officially Aunty Kiki now!

Heather went in to be induced on Wednesday night, and I was next to my phone all day Thursday waiting for the word to go to the hospital, but everything was really slow. After work I went to my friend's place nearby the hospital to hang out until something was actually going to happen, and we got word on the planned C-section so I texted AJ and we met at the hospital.

When we got there, Heather had got taken back for the operation, my mom came and got us, and just when we walked into the suite where Justin's family was waiting, they announced that the baby had been born and that Justin had texted them a picture from the operating room. So this was the first glimpse of him!


Officially he was born April 26, 2017 at 8:15PM, 7lbs even and 20 inches long.

We hung out and waited until the new parents came back to the suite, and here's AJ trying to make the isolation robes look cool...


Then, Justin came in wheeling the baby, followed by Heather on her bed.



It was the most insanely surreal thing to experience a baby of your own blood! I'm not instinctively into babies, but it's my own nephew and it was so surreal! It's Heather's baby and she just had it, and seeing him for the first time was incredible!


We left shortly after to give them their bonding time, and AJ and I went to the cafe to eat, then we came back up to wait for our turn to go in and take turns holding him. While waiting down the hall we could occasionally hear him crying, which was sooooo weirdddd and amazing to hear his cries from down the hall. He's like a real little human!







I had today off work too so I got to go back to the hospital and hold Luca some more. He doesn't seem to cry too much, which is great haha. I'm still in complete shock and can't even believe that he's real and that he's my nephew!







I can't believe how much I love a baby now, I'm not a baby person. What an insane difference it makes when it's your own blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment