Monday, February 1, 2016

Bridal Shower & Beer Olympics

I had a lot of stress last week due to this past weekend's array of activities, but it ended up being quite pleasant and fun.

Shannon's Bridal Shower was a success except for the fact that she knows Luke way too well and got hardly any questions wrong on that game! Otherwise it was nice to have Shannon and so much family together in the same place for the first time in a long time! And the homemade flower crowns my mom put together turned out better than I had expected!























I was really stressed out at the end of the night though, because I had the Beer Olympics the next morning and had to get up early, and to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to a day of day drinking #oldlady.

Anja, AJ and I got a hotel that night, and didn't fall asleep until about 1am. Then we get woken up at about 5:30am, because AJ's dog Anana had gotten out, so AJ had to leave to pick her up. Best part? The police had her and when he went to get her, she was sitting in the back of the police car!! He didn't get a picture because they let her out as soon as he showed up. That dog has a record now!!

So, the Beer Olympics. It's a long story, but one of AJ's friends acts as a referee at this annual event in Canyon Lake and asked us if we wanted to put together a team. Each team of six requires 3 girls and 3 guys. The teams are divided into Eastern and Western Conferences, top teams in each make it to the playoffs for a final overall champion. The 3 events are volleyball, cornhole, and flip cup, and you must have a beer in your hand AT ALL TIMES ALL DAY LONG. Except for volleyball. If a ref catches you without a beer in your hand, or an empty beer, you are required to chug a beer on the spot. When we were asked to join the team, I was like ehhhh... I don't think so... but AJ was ALL ABOUT IT and talked me into it. Plus, this is the end of my 20s. May as well go out strong.

Our team name was Malty Python and the Holy Ale, so we found medieval costumes, coconuts and goblets, and were, by far, the most ridiculous team there. Everyone else just had team shirts, haha, but we enjoyed it.

We were decent at volleyball, SUCKED at cornhole, which was weird considering how much we play it when we get together... but these regulation lengths were crazy! and AMAZING at flip cup. We were undefeated at that.







We actually made it to the playoffs, advanced to semi-finals, and were beaten on a best 2 out of 3 on each of the events, coming down to the 3rd event (cornhole) BUT that team was undefeated all day and we gave them their one defeat when we were matched up with them at flip cup.

At first I was sad we had made playoffs, because I was ready to just stop the madness, but once we got going, that competitive spirit came out and then I just wanted to WIN. And then we lost lololol. We didn't play for 3rd place, but I'll assume that's what we would have gotten!

Here is a great slo-mo video of Chris and Jon practicing flip cup in their own little 2-cup tournament hahahaha and don't mind Nykole walking right through them in the middle of it.


The way home was long, not only because it was Canyon Lake to Orange County, but there was major traffic, we were all starting to get massive headaches, and then for some reason, a huge scientific debate on the existence of mermaids came up and you had drunk people arguing. This probably won't be entertaining to anyone, but it's a great memory for me and I love listening to this ridiculousness. It's probably worth noting that Chris' mom is a scientist with a PhD and so he's very educated and well-versed in this stuff, and Jon just likes to piss him off. Those are the two voices you hear, and Jon is the one asking if a person with 3 eyes exists hahahaha.


AJ and I were staying with Jon and Nykole, and it took forever to drop everyone off, then we went to the grocery store to buy stuff to make for dinner, and then finally went back to their place. I was so miserable, I fell asleep on the couch and when they woke me up to eat, I said hell no. Food sounded gross. Later, I woke up and AJ had a bowl of ice cream, so I just kept opening my mouth and making him feed me ice cream until the bowl was gone and then I fell back asleep.

In the morning, the 4 of us went to breakfast and then we all went and got pedicures! AJ had had one before, but it was Jon's first time, and not only were they loving it, they each got the most expensive package and callous removal and everything hahahahaha. It was a nice way to spend the shitty rainy day, then we went back to their place and watched the Pro Bowl.

AJ helped me pick out the color! Tiffany Blue!

Oh and also, I considered January a trial run. February starts my new year. So... Happy New Year everyone! I'm back on the healthy-eating, working-out, positivity-vibe bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment