Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sign Twirling School

The other day I was on my way home from work la dee da and got stopped at a light. I casually look around and continue waiting. Then it suddenly hits me that something weird is happening to my left and I do a double-take. Upon closer inspection I notice that all the people in the field of the community complex are all being led in instructions for sign twirling.


This hit me as the most ridiculous thing ever. I thought those people just kinda made it up on the spot out of boredom because you know, they're just standing on the corner for hours. But apparently this is a true acquired skill.

It reminded me of that episode of Flight of the Concords where Bret and Jermaine go to get jobs holding signs and the guy running the operation is super serious about it, asking them if standing and holding the sign in the correct direction sounds like something they could do. Jermaine says "Well it sounds like something a lamppost could do" so Jermaine gets sent away and Bret gets the job and every day they just show up and guy distributes random signs and tells them where to go stand.



Sounds like a joke but now after seeing the sign twirling school in Riverside, I know that it's real!

No comments:

Post a Comment