Saturday, March 29, 2014

Earthquake!

I concede that Riverside was a little further from the Orange County epicenter of the earthquake last night than Kathleen's horror of being at work in Anaheim when it happened, but I for one was incredibly unimpressed by it. Sorry if that sounds callous, but it just really was not a big deal where I was when it hit, and on top of that... I like earthquakes!

I know I sound callous, but realistically, how many of them cause any significant damage compared to how many occur all the time, and even out of the ones that we can feel? Ugh, I'll probably die by earthquake now after I've said all this. It was Friday night, and I was at my friend's place in Riverside, we were in his room on the second story of their house, drinking beer and mixing tracks (I'm not even kidding, although I should be for that kinda pretention) when it hit. We both froze and waited. I was hoping it was an earthquake - you know sometimes the house is just settling and you wait to see if it is or it isn't?- but there it went again, and I just love that feeling of the shaking and the ground rolling, like it doesn't seem possible, but it went one more time - and then it was over.

I was really surprised to find out that it was a 5.1, it just didn't feel like it where we were! But there you are. Hope the rest of you are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment