Monday, March 3, 2014

Elevate LA

On Saturday night, I joined Marisa to meet up with her fiance and his friends for a birthday party at the Elevate Lounge in downtown LA.

First we met up with the whole party at their hotel room at The Standard, and after a few rounds walked to the club down the street on Wilshire. It was fun, lots of dancing and craziness, the usual scene.

Their hotel floor had a Brunette Meeting Room... was I invited?

Some downtown LA views from the lounge. A bit of a letdown after spending years in Manhattan. Womp womp.

Our bottle service table against this lightpiece that really put me in the mood to play Tetris. FreeTetris.org for the win!

Walls and ceilings of bars clubs and lounges always make for such great instagram pictures
We missed our freeway on the way home and ended up having to take a roundabout way off the 110 via the 710 and 210 (to the 57 and 71 and 60 for me... Marisa and Nate still had to take the 15 to the 91 after that... geeeeez California) but we made sure to stop at an IHOP first because Nate kept insisting that he wanted French toast. French toast, French toast, let's stop and get some French toast. I was all for it but when Nate binge ordered like 3 dishes and none of them were French toast, I almost smacked him upside the head. Still, I was overly content with my eggs, bacon and waffle at that hour, it was deeeeeeeelish!
And of course, Sunday morning awakening to Kitty Khaleesi
And then I crashed on the couch. And I even though I was rooting for Leo to win a Best Actor Oscar, there was a tiny part of me that was relieved that he didn't, because I'm such of a fan of all the jokes coming out of him not having won an Oscar yet, even though he is so darn capable and clearly played roles for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment