Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Breaking Okay

I started watching Breaking Bad in fall of 2011 as a funtivity with my then-roommate in Harlem, but he quickly went off on his own and didn't wait for me to watch more episodes, so I got through them slowly by myself. I'd been waiting for the last half of season 5 to come on Netflix, and even though that happened a little over a month ago, I hadn't had many opportunities to get on it...

...til today. Well, last night. I finally finished it, and I have to say, I was a little disappointed? I don't know what I was expecting, but considering how intense and awesome that show can be, it was a little lacklustre considering it's potential, in my humble opinion. It just turned into a bloodbath... I guess that's one way to achieve closure.

The big surprise came when my sister informed me (and sources confirmed) that Breaking Bad was originally intended to be shot in Riverside, California!!! They went with Albuquerque because producers on the show discovered that the State of New Mexico offered a huge financial incentives and rebates for filming there, something that California didn't do. So their cheap selves went there purely for tax purposes. Imagine where our city would be if that had happened! On the map, famous, and maybe would have even spotted Bryan Cranston downtown a time or two. Ohhh, the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment