Friday, April 29, 2016

RESULTS ARE IN

My 23andMe reports came back! What a nice little end-of-week surprise!

Good news: no variants detected for any genetic disorders that they test for.

Their genetic predictions of me were all correct, such as, according to my genes I would be very likely to NOT have red hair, very likely to have light skin, freckles, no cleft chin, and can detect asparagus odors. The one odd I defied was that I was likely to have my ring finger be longer, but it isn't. Take that, science.

Additionally, I legit am part Neanderthal. I have 251 Neanderthal variants, which is more than 18% of the users on 23andMe, although it is less than 4% of my genetic makeup.



Best news? Some of my Neanderthal genetics make me less like to have back hair LOLOLOLOL. You're welcome, my future offspring!


I mean, no one is surprised right?? We all figured this out in 2011...


And of course, the BEST part: the ancestry.

Let's say this: surprising in some ways, not surprising in others. Sadly, no big surprise (I was hoping to find some surprise Jewish or Middle Eastern in there), I'm pretty European, but the breakdown is very intriguing aaaaaaaaand... could potentially be a descendant of Pocahontas...!

My maternal haplogroup is H13.


Hmmm... are you interested yet? Do your own 23andMe and we can connect and share ancestry! And by the way, it connects you to your DNA relative users on the site too... kinda neat! And by the way, if you want to do it, tell me so I can send you a referral!!

P.S. Happy 5th anniversary of the Royal Wedding!


Sigh, I just love Kate Middleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment