Thursday, April 7, 2016

THE FUTURE

The Future is already here - you can unlock your phone with your fingerprint and your computer with a retina scan. So that's no big deal. But my future isn't that advanced lolololol. I hesitate to say anything because I'm really not sure where (if anywhere) I plan to take this, but in the event that I do do something with it, well let's start documenting the process.

I have been thinking about going back to school. Grad school requires the GRE, which is $205. That's been keeping me off of it for a long time. Well my work offers scholarships for continuing education so I applied for a scholarship to have them cover the cost of the GRE, and yesterday I found out that I got it! So I registered for the GRE test for July 23 of this year. That is 3 1/2 months away. Welp.

Today I got the news that my 23andMe kit has moved onto the next stage! My DNA was read with the genotyping chip and is now on phase 6 of 8: Quality Review. They are validating the call rate and accuracy. After this there is initial raw data processing and then computation and report generation. Getting closer!

I know I should be happy for all the rain coming our way but quite frankly, I'm not. I need to be able to go running on my lunch breaks and this is going to mess it all up! And I don't have great self control, so once my routine gets interrupted... well, it's all downhill from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment