Friday, April 15, 2016

One Night Coachella

AJ and I went to our own one-night Coachella 2016 last night and had a great time! Back in February I bought tickets for us to see CHVRCHES, one of my favorite bands ever (that I discovered at Coachella 2014!) that I even saw in Hollywood in 2014 too! They are SUCH a good show!

Anyways, even though I've had these tickets forever and had been looking forward to it for forever, I've been so exhausted with work that I just haven't had the energy lately. I drove out to AJ's right after work, there was a ton of traffic, and I was just in a bad mood. We got Del Taco (that helped my mood some) and some beers and went to the venue, parked, and sat in there for like 2 hours. (This is the camping portion of Coachella). We had got to the venue around 7:30 and AJ had looked up the set times and Chvrches wasn't even on until 9:45p. We listened to some songs by the opener, Phases, in the car and they weren't half bad. We planned to go in for them, but we were so lazy in the car just drinking and showing each other memes. I was so tired I felt like taking a power nap.

I really had to pee at one point. I wasn't ready to go into the venue and the parking lot was deserted since everyone was inside. So I went in the planter we were parked next to. That's when I told AJ this was our Coachella this year and this would really solidify the deal, if I went to the bathroom in nature. So I did.

AJ and I finally went in and ended up missing all of Phases. Welp. We got beers and got in on a side side. AJ wasn't happy with the spot and was down and willing to work our way to the floor, as was I. We decided to go out and around (stopping for shots of Fireball) but they told us the pit was at capacity and no one else was being allowed in. By this time, the crowd was getting worse and we for sure wouldn't get our decent spots back. We stood back and regrouped.

I suggested I just say our friends were down there and we came up to a get a beer. AJ said he would follow me if I did the talking. I told the bouncer our friends were down there and we just came up to get a beer. He said nope, sorry. I watched another guy be let in. "Hey, why does that guy get to go?" I asked. "He came up from here originally," he said. "Hey! So did we! We just walked out like 5 minutes ago!" (A lie. Oops). "You did?! Okay!" and the bouncer waved us right through. (Being a sassy white girl manipulating the bouncers is also Coachella-like).

The floor really WAS at capacity. It was a tight squeeze. But the show started right then and it was awesomeeeee! Dancing and jumping and singing! It was fabulous.












I felt so young by the end of the night! And I think I burned off all the Del Taco by singing and jumping and dancing and sweating. Goodbye Coachella 2016 LOLOLOLOL see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment