Monday, April 11, 2016

Matchy Matchy Backy Packy

How is the weekend over already? My weekends have become so fun, I'm really starting to get that whole "working for the weekend" mentality. On Friday I was able to slip out a few minutes early to catch the 5:01 Angels Express train from downtown. Marisa got on at the next stop, and she and I took it down to Angels Stadium, where we met up with AJ and Nate for the game. They were playing the Texas Rangers and they imploded. It was a sad game. Not for me, cause I don't really care, but for AJ for sure.






Since AJ had to stay around home to feed his aunt's dog, I went home with Marisa and Nate, and AJ came out the next morning. We made a trip out to REI to gear up for the Iceland trip (pun intended). AJ surprised me and bought my travel backpack for the trip!


We are matchy-matchy! We got the same backpack, although I got a smaller version. AJ also got some heavier shoes. We are planning to pack only in those backpacks. It will be the first time I will be so unencumbered while I travel. Even when I only pack a duffel bag I always have to hoist it over a shoulder to carry it around and it's not ideal. I will have about two outfits for the whole trip. And my bridesmaid dress.

On Sunday AJ and I went to breakfast down the street from me at the taco shop, and I did more Europe research while he watched the Masters, and then we took Anana on a walk to Fairmount Park. I was thinking that taking Anana to the lake and feeding the ducks would be such a fun activity, and it seemed like it would make sense, but it turns out it does not. Anana kept lunging at the ducks and quite literally almost dragging AJ into the lake after her when she was going after a goose. And Anana hates the water! I really thought her and AJ both were going straight in. So, noted: cannot do both.

The Rose Garden was in full, colorful bloom.









Happy Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment