Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Springtime!

It's springtime and I know for sure because I now sit through baseball games at Angels' Stadium instead of football on the TV. Ha! I don't mind - I enjoy sports, but my boyfriend is obsessed and I'm learning to read the calendar by sports... it's kinda like telling the time of day by the sun.

What I'm trying to say is that AJ and I went to the Freeway Series Angels vs Dodgers and AJ got to debut his official Mike Trout jersey which I'll take the liberty of saying was his all-time favorite Christmas gift ever. I tried to wear my Giants jersey and he ripped it off and put me in his old Angels one.


We had seats in the Diamond Club section, which was sweet. Late in the game, I saw someone walking to a seat who had the same jacket as my friend Marisa. Then I realized this girl had the same hair as Marisa. Then I realized it WAS Marisa! Her and Nate were also there in the Diamond Club, with second-row seats, so naturally we upgraded ourselves to sit with them!






There was a fireworks show afterwards tooooo.




In other news, on Saturday morning I went to a linguistics conference at UCLA. It was fascinating, as usual. This was the closest poster I was sitting next to and took a picture of it. This person researched native English speakers' acquiring Mandarin Chinese tones - it's really interesting data!


On Sunday, AJ and I hit a huge milestone in our relationship. We assembled IKEA furniture together - and we didn't even argue or hate each other when it was done! Success! I have been dying for a new dresser since I moved in. You can kinda see the run-down, janky dresser on the right in the below picture...


And here is the new one!


I feel like a brand-new human being! I LOVE IT. And now my life's mission is to continue to complete my white-stain Hemnes set from IKEA. It's the best. Obviously.

I've also had a goal to go walking/running for 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week, and guess what, I'm doing amazing at it so far. I'm a week and a half in lolololol let's see how long I last. On Sunday I got to have a running partner and took Anana through a lot of natural trails in Irvine, which was actually a little bit of a mistake - she kept trying to catch squirrels and rabbits and pulling me into the brush with her (she's very strong!) but it was still cute.



Aaaand I got to hang out with my cousin Brianna unexpectedly. And I'm counting down the days to Europefest 2016, I can't believe how close it is now! It's always felt like a distant dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment