Monday, May 16, 2016

Intro to Euro Trip 2016

Back to the grind after an INCREDIBLE two week journey backpacking throughout Europe with friends, family, and seeing my sister get married. AJ and I have talked to a few people who ask us about our trip and what our favorite place was, and we've come to one conclusion, at least: we feel like we took 2 vacations. Our trip around the entire island of Iceland in a campervan with friends was an entirely different experience/feel/time than the next week of exploring cities, tourist attractions and landmarks alone. (Three vacations if you count the experience of spending time watching my sister get married!) It was all, of course, amazing. We DO have a favorite place though... but I'll come to that later.

How do I even start to recap this?

I've decided I'm going to have to divide this entire trip up into the countries we were in, and you're going to have to be patient while I work to gather up all the photos and find time at work while we are swamped in order to do this.

However, here are some small teasers from Iceland...

Iceland believes in trolls! The rock formation out there is believed to be trolls that got caught in the sun

EVERYWHERE in Iceland was fascinating and beautiful

Natural hot spring pools in the middle of nowhere!

Swanky Blue Lagoon hot springs and free silica facial masks!

From England...

The bride with her maids

Me with my second sister and first brother!

From France...

Our Quasimodo hotel room!

Fancy dinners at the brasseries!

Nighttime trip to the Eiffel Tower to see the sparkles!

From Denmark...

Canal tours of Copenhagen

Tivoli Gardens, the second-oldest amusement park in the world (the first is also in Denmark)

The Little Mermaid statue

The Guinness Book of World Records-certified largest beer collection in the world at the Carlsberg Factory

The Rosenborg Castle and Gardens where we saw the Danish royalty palace, thrones and crown jewels!
The craziest part is that I'm not even that upset about being home. I mean, I wish I could live on vacation (obviouslyyyyyy) but I got more stuff coming up I'm excited for, and I feel fresh to death today with a new haircut and outfit


Oh and best of all, discovered a new Florence + The Machine song featuring The Maccabees, which is an Eagles of Death Metal cover song? But damn she makes it sound good. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment