Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year

Happy 2016! I have been off of work and therefore off of real adult life, and you heard about my Christmas, but have you heard about my New Year's...?

First of all, it's worth noting that the day after Christmas, AJ, me, Kathleen and her special friend all went out to dinner and then to the arcade/bowling alley/karaoke lounge/pool hall funfest that is Round 1. Because AJ has to be good at anything that requires scorekeeping, he was also winning all the arcade games, but I did play Kathleen in this Speed of Light game and totally smoked her. Twice!


They also had the funnest air hockey game you will ever play with about 50 pucks on the table at a time. Yes, you read that right!

On other days, I cuddled with my cat, who in turn stole water from my bedside table, and Kathleen, AJ and I all contributed to working on this puzzle which is much further along than you see here.




Khaleesi still has problems with Anana, but I dressed her up like Business Cat (her Christmas present) held her paws down and we had her and Anana get to know each other better.



To answer your questions: No, she did not attack. And yes, she's still terrified of Anana.

Once, I got Anana to Twilight Bark with me, and Casey even joined in. Anana started howling back to Casey after he chimed in, but Kathleen didn't catch it on her Snapchat.



And now for NEW YEAR'S. Thursday evening, New Year's Eve, AJ and I went to a small house party with some of his friends, just for some dinner, drinks and games. I still wore gold sparkly heels, but I ended up in pyjamas before the ball dropped if I remember right. I mean what's the point of staying at home if you can't get into PJs?


The host and hostess had recently gotten a cat, and man did they pick out a good one. They kept the shelter's name of Derek Zoolander, and we all had fun playing with him, and he was such a cute cuddly kitten with his mama, which was a big reason she got him.




And look at Derek playing the kitty game on the iPad!


AJ and I spent the night there on Thursday so neither of us would have to drive. On Friday morning we went downstairs and someone got it into their heads to put Star Wars: Episode IV back on. We had had it on the night before, but ended up turning it off to watch New Year's coverage on TV. To give you an idea of how the day went: we put that on around 10:30am. AJ and I didn't leave until after midnight, after we had successfully watched ALL SIX STAR WARS. Yes, we lazed on the couch LITERALLY ALL DAY, making food and bringing it to the couch, doing stretches while watching the movies, and stepping outside onto the back patio between movie end and the next movie beginning to breathe real air. I have to say, that all in all I felt really accomplished. I mean you always do nothing on New Year's Day, and not only did we really do nothing, but we still accomplished something! AJ and I decided to drive back to Riverside that  night together and leave my car there (remember this - it ended up being a mistake lolololol) and even though it was 1am by the time we got to my place, we still showered and brushed our teeth and pulled a whole morning routine before going to bed because we had been such sloths all day long.

On Saturday we were much more active, and even took Anana out for a walk for the last night of the Festival of Lights.


We went grocery shopping and made dinner and were working on our puzzle when we got a call from AJ's aunt that a 16-year-old driver who had had her license for 2 months crashed into my parked car in front of their house on a quiet cul-de-sac.  The girl actually told the police that she was "having an emotional moment and got lost in her thoughts" and I can't stop LOLOLOLOL'ing over that. Not a great way to start the New Year, but since I didn't want to start the New Year like this, I figured if I couldn't change that it happened, I could at least control my attitude about it.

So, all of my feelings got channeled into creative energy. AJ made us more drinks, and I finally got cracking on an app I had downloaded awhile ago making music videos. We were up until about 3a doing dumb stuff like this, mostly AJ refusing and me having to bribe him into the videos. But talk about a SUCCESS.







I couldn't stop making them. I kept it up even the next day when AJ and I went back to his house to look at my car and deal with insurance. He would still film me, and I guess in the end that's all I really need!


And then we ended up back in the same house, on the same couch, watching the same TV we were stationed at all of January 1, 2016. This time it was football. But still, full circle in 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment