Friday, January 22, 2016

Platz da für Mazda

Anja taught me that old German slogan for Mazdas, meaning "Make way for Mazda!" So with that to herald in the post, please welcome to the world Vynz Jeremy!


If you'd like to refresh your brain on my last car purchase (the only one I planned to make for the next decade until I ran it into the ground - yes, I loved it that much) take a look at the post from that time in November 2013.

And if those pictures ring a bell, wait til you see these.

Signing on the dotted line!

Writing out the check

Sitting in it for the first time since owning it

Jeremy helping me set up Bluetooth

Feature overview

Keys to the car thanks to Jeremy
And that's not all... my last Mazda 3 was purchased at a VW dealership that my mom drove me to late at night... and this Mazda 3 was also purchased at a VW dealership that my mom drove me to late at night. When I went to buy my first one (Richard Richard), Shannon had just come into town from England and came with us... and Shannon is coming into town in like 4 days, so we just missed recreating that... that would have been wild. But it's better that something is different, I don't need this one ending up totaled from a 16-year-old while parked outside too.

So, Vynz Jeremy is two years newer than Richard Richard, with 44k LESS miles, with power locks (yesssss...!) and Bluetooth. I have arrived in the 21st century!

As for the name... well, AJ and I had been going to a few different dealerships in Orange County when we came across one in Santa Ana where our salesman was a very young kid named Vince that must have been in community college, and his age definitely showed. Riding a hoverboard around, trying to act like our best friend, telling me to gun the car on the test drive (past a CHP office...?) and then telling me he can't get caught again or he'll get a ticket, and making jokes like "Are you sure she knows how to drive stick?" Ummm yes, thank you. I didn't really mind because I knew we wouldn't be buying that night. I had a mind to tell him that look, I'm fine with this for an hour, but you need to shape up if you really want to be a successful salesman, but I didn't care enough. When we asked to see the Carfax of one of the cars, he ran off to print it and AJ nudged me and pointed at the guys' business cards. His name was actually spelled "Vynz" and had no last name. I was cackling with laughter at the whole picture of this character and as we left I told AJ, I don't care who sells me whatever car I end up getting, my car will be named Vynz.

And of course, since Jeremy at the VW dealership was great, helped us the seal the deal, and also wore suspenders a la Richard in Capistrano, this Mazda gets a middle name!

I would like to thank AJ for helping me check the car out, including test driving, negotiating and follow-up, my mother for driving me to the dealership late at night, and Jayna for putting up with all my bitching about my car hunt in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment