Monday, January 11, 2016

Steelers & Bowie

This past weekend was surprisingly fun, and I say surprisingly because there were plenty of surprises!

On Saturday, January 9 (aka Kate Middleton day), AJ and I went to his work's holiday party at the Bowlmor lanes, and it did not disappoint! Free drink tickets, $20 game card each, unlimited bowling for 3 hours, and free pizza, salad and an entire ICE CREAM BAR!

The party coincided with the Steelers/Bengals game. AJ's team is the Steeler's by the way. We sat at the bar watching the game for a long time before one of his coworkers dragged us to a lane and told him the game was on the screens over the lanes. In case you don't remember - the game was very low scoring, with the Steelers holding the edge. The Bengals overtook them with not much time left in the game at all. AJ was absolutely crushed. I kept trying to console him - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! but he was like "nope, Bengals caught an interception, it's done" and stopped watching the screen. When a coworker from the next lane over announced the Bengals had fumbled the interception, you should have seen AJ's face light up. I've never seen such change and hope and excitement in one look before! LOLOLOL. So the Steelers ended up winning and that was a great first surprise.

Next, at the raffle, AJ ended up winning the BEST prize, the last raffle drawn, lucky ticket number #106 won him an Apple Watch! I think he's going to sell it, haha but it was still pretty exciting! It's also worth noting that I have never been a good bowler and get really frustrated, so I kept telling everyone "I suck at this, I'm horrible blah blah blah" and I am not kidding - first game, first frame, first try - I bowled a frickin' strike! You should have heard them give it to me. "Not good huh? What was that about??" but the rest of the night I think they started to understand - I probably bowled about 5 strikes in the course of the night - the rest were all gutter balls! I am quite literally the BABE Ruth (get it?) of bowling. It was strikes or gutter balls.

Anyways, we ended up staying pretty late, and AJ was friends with the girl with the drink tickets so needless to say, we stayed quite late at the bar! We even found a photo booth in the arcade we took pictures with with the game tickets! Yes, he was wearing his Steelers jersey under his sport coat.

Not our finest pictures ever lolololol
We decided to drive home to Riverside (I sobered up and drove) and I told AJ he needed to put on songs I could sing to so I could stay awake. He's so sweet - he put on Florence + the Machine and Taylor Swift for me and we both sang at the top of our lungs until we pulled up to my place.

On Sunday we went out to watch the Packers/Redskins game at a bar over lunch. After that we headed back to Irvine. AJ had recently got Anana groomed and sent me a picture of her looking beautiful, but that damn leash he uses is always an eyesore.


So on the way back to his place, we stopped at a Petsmart so I could gift her with a brand new (pink!) leash, and AJ got her a new nametag. Talk about a makeover! When we got to his place, we did Christmas with his family. And guess what his aunt got us each? A gift card to Petsmart. Ohhhh the irony! She also got us scratchers. AJ got nothing, I got another ticket. Hopefully that next one has the $20,000 win on it. More of my Christmas presents from AJ had come in, and one was a shirt that said NAP QUEEN on it (soooooo me!) and the other was this one!


A Khaleesi holding a Khaleesi! So Christmas really keeps going if you ask me! Oh, and this is his aunt's little puppy Ellie, she is actually cute beyond words.


The last surprise of the weekend was learning of David Bowie's death. What a shame. My mom loves David Bowie. And I love Labyrinth. But man am I impressed with him. Way to go out! Keeps his terminal cancer a secret, sits on this Blackstar album until 2 days before his death, putting out a confusing Lazarus video (which suddenly makes sense in hindsight), and then dies. Showman til the end! Listening to the Bowie playlist on Spotify today. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment