Saturday, November 30, 2013

Festival of Lights

The best part of Riverside is now the downtown area, which is a bonanza fest for the Festival of Lights lighting ceremony of the Mission Inn for the holidays, always the Friday after Thanksgiving, and I got to be around for it this year. Of course we missed the entire firework show and whatever else, but a firework's a firework, and I just like being downtown in the crowds and hanging out and having a good time.

Kathleen and I went together, running into our old neighbor, going around and taking in the lights and surroundings and smells and we were both strong enough to resist funnel cakes and fried donuts!







 We spent a lot of time going through the four-story antique shop on Main Street, where we found tons of crazy things, and I got attached to this old poster advertising a fair in Bordeaux at the Musee d'Aquitaine, where I would go often when I lived there.


We met up with Kathleen's friends at The Hideaway Bar and proceeded to have a pretty darn fun night! Beers, syringe jello shots (is that a theme for me this holiday season?), pool (Kathleen and I won best 2 out of 3!) and even relocated to Pixels where we got to dance to Die Antwoord and make a lottttt of friends.






Pixels seems to be my shelter home. I mean, it's not the best or anything, but no matter what happens or what the plans are, I always seem to end up there at some point in the night, like a little lost kitten straggling back, whenever I'm downtown. I'm not really complaining though, it's fun enough and the music is Coachella-diggity. I'm even going back downtown tonight... will I end up at Pixels again? Well statistically speaking... yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment