Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Friendsgiving Round 2

What a great Monday night I had, down at Pam and Priya's condo in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, where 22 of us were squeezed in for a Friendsgiving meal altogether! It ranged from Doug's parents Jack and Debbie, all the way down to Colleen's five-month old newborn Kylie. We had everything you could want at Thanksgiving, including Priya's yellow curry soup, and Jell-O shots that Jack made! It was so fun, and so nice to have so many of our friends together under one roof.

Debbie hand-made these for each individual person!
My second attempt at my blueberry maple pie, which came out much better this time!
Proud Jack and his Jell-O shots
As much of the group as we could fit in. 
I crashed with Rafael and Rob that night over in North Park, and Rob and I continued our morning tradition of coffee and talk at his breakfast table while Rafael was out early. I left to go have lunch with a friend, and made it to Coronado Island- so beautiful! If San Diego is heaven on Earth, then Coronado is nirvana.

Sand castles on Coronado Beach

On the way back home I stopped off at my friends' tanning salon in Temecula and got to see them for the first time in years, and congratulate them on their month-old newborn. The things that change while you are away...!

It was so nice to be around close enough to get to the San Diego Friendsgiving this year, but I still also super miss last year's Friendsgiving adventures to Annapolis, Maryland and making dinner at Palak's and exploring DC and Baltimore with her, Sri and Amy. Awww, memories! Off to hike that annoying C behind UCR!

No comments:

Post a Comment