Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

I have actually been dreading Memorial Day Weekend since July. That's because I started this job in July and I was told we were going to be hosting an event on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend that I needed to attend. On Memorial Day Weekend! On the Sunday! The Lord's Day! So I had been bitter about that and just looking forward to getting through it all. Well, I got through it, and it was actually a pretty awesome weekend!

On Saturday we celebrated the first birthday of Penelope, essentially the first kid to be born in AJ's immediate and closest friend group. Penelope has been a light in our life! I love that girl, and it's cute how much Anana loves her too and protects her.











That was a really fun day, and there was face painting and games. My skin is too sensitive for unknown paints, and since I was working the next day I didn't want to risk not being able to scrub it off, but there were some sick facepaints there, especially Jon's Mike Tyson tattoo lololol!


I worked on Sunday (ugh, trying to erase it from my memory lololol) and then we had to go to AJ's grandmas house to go over some stuff with his family. The best part was how something so depressing turned into something so fun! AJ invited his friends over and we turned it into a pool party - with BBQ, baseball (the drinking version) and champagne in squirt guns!







We didn't end the night until about 10pm in the jacuzzi. And for us 30+ folk, that was pretty impressive.

AJ and I had the grand plan to go play tennis the next day around 11:30. Long story short, we left the house around 4pm lololol but hey, we still made it out to a tennis court! We slept in, had breakfast, lounged around, I watched Bridesmaids and lots of Portlandia, and we took Anana out to the tennis courts with us. It was probably the first time I even held the racket in literally ten years. Probably longer. But muscle memory kicked in, and I was relieved that I could still hit a top spin and even my backhand was still decent.

We had tied up Anana to the fence on the shady side of the court, and all of our water bottles and stuff we put on the bench on the opposite side of the court. Unfortunately this meant that every time we took a water break, Anana was going crazy and barking from the other side of the court, thinking we forgot about her and was sad we were hanging out without her. Poor pup! I can't wait to play again though, I forgot what an amazing work out all that start-stop action is!

No comments:

Post a Comment