Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Laundromat

Our washing machine has been out since December, and even though we've had some awesome friends inviting us over to do laundry at their places, this last batch had built up so much I thought I would have a brain aneurysm and decided that me and AJ needed to go do it immediately, last night.

He had a fantasy baseball draft (I swear, the sports never end) so he sorted and got all the laundry ready, and I went to the laundromat ahead of him. I had seen one right down the block which believe me was nothing fancy and was the only thing next to a sleezy liquor store, but I don't mind, and the machines all looked great so whatever.

I hadn't been in a laundromat since I lived in New York, and even longer really because I had a laundry room in my building in the last year. It was very nostalgic and really calming. There's something really nice about being forced to just sort of disconnect in an unusual place. And for the record I had my phone and all, but it felt like a relief to sit on the counter and just watch my loads.

AJ came with Anana in time for us to put clothes in the dryer and then fold them all. He drove back and I walked Anana back home. And that was our very productive Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment