Monday, March 20, 2017

World Baseball Classic

Last weekend when we were in SD celebrating mine and Rafael's birthdays, AJ found out that quarterfinals (technically) of the World Baseball Classic were being held at Petco Park in San Diego. If you also have no idea what this is, don't worry! It's only been around since 2006 and it's essentially a baseball Olympics, and it was created because baseball was removed from the Olympics (although it's going to be back in Tokyo 2020 so they may get rid of this again anyway), so AJ bought tickets for us to come back down this past weekend and see USA take on the Dominican Republic.

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Petco Park was sold out (which trust me doesn't happen often) and DR is the best team (and won it undefeated last year, I think) and the vibe was great, everyone was so into it, and it was fun seeing all the American with all their different MLB teams rooting together for the USA. AND I came away with a new love: ADAM JONES!!!! That insane catch over the wall (if you saw it) I watched live in front of my eyes and was stokedddd. And in the end, USA (the UNDERDOG!) won 6-3!!! They're now facing in Japan in Los Angeles this week. It was a great game and really fun! Afterwards, there was a laser show, and then we all took the trolley back to Pam's place but hit up a whiskey bar.



Drunkiesssss

This guy was as AMERICAN AS THEY
COME!! The front was a US flag as well
and don't forget to take in those COWBOY BOOTS!


Post-game laser show







Whiskey flight

In the morning we all went and brunch together and then came back to digest and watch some March Madness before AJ and I headed home. Good news for me was that my birthday present arrived! I had wanted to make this happen months ago, but it was too expensive to buy all those letters, so AJ bought them for me for my bday!




And of course, kute kitty was annoyed she didn't have the house to herself anymore.





Is this DST still messing with anyone else? I'm still having problems mobilizing and sleeping well since the time change. MAKE IT STOP! JUST KEEP SUMMER HOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment