Thursday, March 16, 2017

Welcome to 31!

Did you know that statistically, 31 is the best year in a woman's life? My coworker told me this (while she is comfortably 27! Psh!) but you know what, I'll take it! (Knock on wood) but things are great, and I know this is a stretch, but I literally feel physically better ever since turning 31. Whether it's in my head or not, I don't even care.

I had a fabulous birthday, and how could I not because I had like 4 days of celebrations. First of all, my friends in Orange County threw me a party, and what's the next best thing after not going to Vegas for the first time in 10 years? Why, Vegas coming to me of course! I couldn't believe how thoughtful and sweet the whole thing was... down to the hosts buying a blackjack table felt top and one of them even dressing up like a Vegas dealer! I had a signature drink that involved ice cream and friends everywhere.












AJ's sister and I chambonging









Somehow the cat got involved lololol





We said he looked like a MarioKart in the battle
where you have the three balloons hahaha

That weekend was San Diego with everyone who normally going to Vegas, and I was surprised with a Harbor Bay Cruise, and then we got pretty wild at Pam's apartment before we went out to my favorite place ever - Bar Basic! The next morning we did brunch and wandered around Liberty Station for my first time ever. Verdict - pretty sweet!

The garnish is supposed to be a ship with sails





Shot ski!





AJ and Debs chambonging

Diego looking for the cat!
(Rob always teases him haha)




See the squirrel on the rock right under Doug's nose?
They were out in full force and no fear!

Then, on my actual birthday on Tuesday, AJ and I took the day off of work and went to Glen Ivy Hot Springs for the day where my friend Alyse met us. It. Was. Fabulous! The weather was perfect and warm and lots of drinks and I got my first facial ever. The day flewwwwww by, seriously. I was woken up with texts and had nice messages all day long.






I love my birthday, and I even love the stupid messages and emails I get, even from the dentist's office (and yes that happened!) And my coworker ordered and delivered this huge, unbelievably beautiful bouquet to my house too (she and I love Mariah Carey and listen to it in the office if you couldn't tell from that note). I seriously think it may be the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen.

Love seeing my birthday on screens!






And I got some really sweet gifts too. One coworker got me yoga classes (amazing!) and friends got me lots of alcohol, and Raf and Rob got me a Game of Thrones coloring book and the Atlas Obscura for obscure places to visit in the world (and trust me, obscure is right!) and I even got a portable bluetooth karaoke mic!!! Why have I not used that yet??? AJ's mom got me spa gift certificates and his sister got me some fabulous gourmet lavender hot cocoa and some perfume. AJ's gift for me hasn't come in yet (ugh) but as he pointed out, my birthday can be stretched out!

I love my birthday, it's always so sad when it's over, but considering I'm now in the best year of my life, I suppose I should embrace it and get the most out of this lolololol!

No comments:

Post a Comment