Monday, February 13, 2017

Good Life Designed

I am still reeling from such a great day yesterday. AJ's sister is an event planner/coordinator, and lately she and her business partner have been working with the partner's mom to promote her company business. The mom used to be a huge IKEA exec (global HR head and president of IKEA North America at one time) who went through your typical midlife crisis, quit her job and reinvented herself in a way she liked. She now runs Good Life Designed, which is a resource center, support network, and empowers women. So AJ's sister and her partner envisioned this day where you LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD, DO GOOD. I only heard about it a few days ago and was sad when I couldn't find anyone to go to it with me. I told AJ's sister but she said her mom was going so we could go together. So we did! LOLOLOL.

First of all, when I showed up to AJ's mom's place for us to carpool to LA together, she had a surprise for me... AJ's Disneyland pass from 1991. What a treat!



Anyways, we hit the road early so we could make it to downtown LA's Art's District in time for the pre-event yoga session at 10am. We got there in time for free Skid Row Coffee, some morning muffins and danishes, and then an amazing yoga session with live guitar playing, a burning blue sky and this awesome graffiti wall as our backdrop.

That's me, front row, second from L. AJ's mom is first on the
left in the front row!



After yoga the event started and IT. WAS. AWESOME. Their whole motto, as I said, was LOOK GOOD FEEL GOOD DO GOOD. So we got to spend all day in this fabulous cozy warehouse with a fresh DJ, collecting free samples of everything, and events and activities everywhere. Free drybar hair styling. Free makeup. Free skin treatment. A color analysis of what colors you should wear (I am a soft autumn, by the way lololol) free detox drinks, commitment walls, placs to work on your vision board, free headshots, free burrito bowls, and the whole time, workshop lecture series going on about goal setting and designing the life you want etc etc. I loved every last bit of it.














It was so soothing being in this studio with the good music and the good vibes and just cutting out magazine pictures and sewing buttons onto our bags.



I have photoshop at work but I'm too busy to figure how to tame my hair in these pictures lolololol. Good thing these were just for fun lololol.

AJ's sister and I also did a strike-a-yoga-pose photobooth but it never got emailed to me womp womp!

Anyways it was a super fun day in downtown LA and I feel really re-energized and able to scrape by on this Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment