Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Future Me

Winter quarter is coming up here which means another orientation. I work with a select group of students here on a reciprocal exchange (as opposed to matriculated degree-seeking students) and in part of orientation I have them write letters to themselves that I save and send back to them at the end of their program. I was trying to provide a little more insight or direction because sometimes these students are like, what am I supposed to write? (I forget how much direction you need as a student sometimes) so I was googling some time capsule letter writing ideas and came across this website FutureMe.org.

This thing allows you to write an email to yourself that will be delivered at a future date of your choosing! I don't know why I thought this was so amazing but I did. The default is one year away, so I wrote myself an email that will come next December. Then when I saw that it can be delivered up until 2060+ I wrote myself another email to be delivered right before I turn 40. Why is this so cool?? I am obsessed with it!

In other news, I have had the honor (curse?) to now be included in some of the massive group texts that AJ and his friends have. That's how you know they've accepted you as their own in this generation. The only problem is that it goes off nonnnnnstopppppp! I wouldn't mind so much but I already gchat all day long and don't need distractions from my distractions...

No comments:

Post a Comment