Tuesday, October 13, 2015

When Bad Things Happen To Good People

I joined in this NFL weekly betting with my boyfriend and his friends. (Mistake #1). It's just a $5 buy-in each week that you want to play, and winner takes all. This was my second week playing, and imagine my surprise when I was in FIRST PLACE.

Long story short... it all came down to the Chargers game last night. The only person challenging my position had put the Steelers for the game last night and I put the Chargers. If the Chargers won, I would have walked away with just shy $100. I was tense.

So imagine how that game was for me... Chargers up, Steelers tying, Steelers pulling ahead, Chargers, pulling ahead... and then Chargers were WINNING. And with 5 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME... the Steelers scored and won.

I was actually SO devastated, I almost did start crying. I still tear up a little bit when I think about it. I used to think it was the most immature, absurd thing ever to hear about fans sending death threats to QBs after losses, but honestly, after last night, I kinda understood it. I was thisclose to cutting out magazine letters and mailing my anger in to Philip Rivers.

I am actually still SO UPSET about that loss... I may be in the market for a new NFL team. Let the bidding begin! (For them. To earn me. As a fan. Obviously.)

No comments:

Post a Comment