Friday, October 9, 2015

Long Night of Arts & Innovation

Last night was Riverside's Long Night of Arts & Innovation. It was modeled after Germany's Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften, where you basically have a long night celebrating... (wait for it)... arts and innovation.

I had my usual yoga class (which was AMAZING because my favorite teacher subbed and I love her and her flow and she brings the straight good jams and then lets you savasana to Neil Young's Harvest Moon) went home and ate and then walked to the Main Street mall to check it out.

It was pretty poppin' all things considered. Everything from poetry readings, finger paintings and a free caricaturist (the line was too long otherwise I totally would have been all over that) to nursing students, TV stations, engineering contests, universities, entomology departments (NO I do NOT want to hold your scorpion, go away!) and robots, etc etc!

I have to say though, that I was paroozing the scene around 9, and a lot of vendor tables had already been abandoned. The schedule was from 5p-midnight. Short Night of Arts & Innovation? I should have put Khaleesi on her harness and brought her with me.


Anyways, it was a warm night and nice to see everyone out and about, and kinda cool to see Riverside undertaking these kinds of events and funtivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment