Thursday, October 29, 2015

The End of an Era

Anyone who knows me probably knows about my sidekick mobile device: my hip and proud iPhone 4, that I have had (yes, this exact phone) since February 2011. To give you something of an idea: I don't even have Siri. Everyone makes fun of me, but I consider myself the real winner here. Fact: I never dropped my phone to breaking, never shattered the screen, never lost all my data, never got the sad blue mac screen, never got water damage enough to kill it, never lost it (anywhere I couldn't retrieve it from anyways coughAutoZonecough) never had it stolen, and overall just totally got my money's worth. And yes I feel #blessed.

I did try to get my upgrade a few times, but when you're on a multi-line plan, people are able to steal them out from under you... and they will.

So at this point, believe me when I say that I would really like to run this baby (or Prince William, as he's named) into the ground, like really see how far I could go until he totally just collapses in on himself like a dying star and we both end up in the Guinness Book of World Records, but as the old adage goes, "the future always comes a little before we are ready to give up the past." It's sad, because he's all registered with NYPD and Columbia University too... now how will I end up on my own episode of Law & Order if my phone goes missing?!

All of this to say that I have ordered my new phone and I get to pick her tomorrow and I am so psyched! Sorry Prince William, but I'm just not Kate Middleton as much as I wish I was. This will be my first new device in almost 5 years! A rose gold iPhone 6s that I get to pick up tomorrow... yee!

No comments:

Post a Comment