Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Bossypants

I devoured Tina Fey's Bossypants last week within a few days. I'm not a huge Tina Fey fan, but the book had a lot of LOL moments. Nothing was incredibly insightful, and the whole book was pretty funny, but there weren't a lot of one-liners, mainly stories, so nothing concise. I'll leave you with this one semi-relevant excerpt:

(On the 2008 election) Instead of talking about issues, everybody was trying to prove how "down-home" they were. 'I'm just like you' was the sub-text of every speech. Politics and prostitution have to be the only jobs where inexperience is considered a virtue. In what other profession would you brag about not knowing stuff? 'I'm not one of those fancy Harvard heart surgeons. I'm just an unlicensed plumber with a dream and I'd like to cut your chest open.' The crowd cheers.

And here comes 2016. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment