Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Opposite of Loneliness

I actually never really came across certain passages that astounded me, however, this collection of works by Marina Keegan (1989-2012), early deceased Yale graduate, were very moving as a whole. She wrote both fiction and nonfiction, and both were great. I was impressed with her ability to write about life at that age, and not trying to be too old already. I was really intrigued by her work Cold Pastoral, where the narrator is a new-ish girlfriend to a guy who dies suddenly, and the odd closing of events where the "real" love of his life, his on-again-off-again girlfriend for years and years is left behind while the "current" girlfriend is glorified. It just so happens that this piece is available online and you could read it here:

http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/cold-pastoral

This collection was really a source of inspiration for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment