Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Non-Profits and Foundations

I've been playing with the idea of starting my own non-profit. Basically, in New York, I was a part of one that I thought was amazing and didn't realize could exist, and I wanted to bring it to California and work on it on my own. Truthfully, I hadn't done too much more than buy a Non-Profit for Dummies book (which was amazingly helpful) but then I also applied, was accepted, and graduated from Riverside's Pick Group Board Development Training Program, which specifically trains young professionals in how non-profits are run and how to serve as a successful board member.

Here's my graduating from it in April of this year.



Since that time, the leaders of the training program recommended me to serve on the long-standing and very prestigious Mission Inn Foundation as an Associate Trustee. Basically, this board requires a lot more to serve than what a young professional is capable of (monetary and otherwise) and so they created the Associate Trustee position which is a modified version so they could help grow the young professionals as the next board members, and ask the Riverside Pick Group for their next candidate.

And now I start me tenure tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment