Monday, July 27, 2015

Oat Pancakes

I discovered the most amazing delicious recipe you could possibly fathom and made it this weekend in my blender. I'd been scouring Kayla Itsines' recipes because I need to get better about the dieting and food and came across her Oat Pancakes, and because I loveeeee pancakes and waffles especially, I figured it would be a good step to have the best of both worlds. And there is no flour or anything like that either.

1 cup rolled oats
7/8 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

...and that. is. it!!! Because I don't have a food processor and was using a blender, I first blended the cottage cheese, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla together. Then I chopped the banana and added that. Then I added the oats slowly and it worked perfectly.

This recipe only made about 3 pancakes, but it was enough for us. The pancakes were SO GOOD. The cinnamon gave it such flavor, and you couldn't notice there was anything "off" about them AT ALL. We topped them with more sliced banana, walnuts, and maple agave syrup. Both AJ and I were huge fans.

Cute guard dog on the porch when we ate breakfast out here

AJ went golfing nearby with his friends for a few hours, and I got to babysit the babies. I got into deep cleaning my place and found the girls tolerating each other and coexisting!


I also spent some time trying to cook (which was interesting) but I had good company with the kitty!


And on Saturday night we went to my friend Alyse's place for board games with her and her boyfriend and boy was that interesting haha. Sorry really is for adults. And Anana got along with Alyse and Mike's dogs Geisha and Bob, so win-win-win. But now it's Monday. Lose? Womp womp.

No comments:

Post a Comment