Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Kk Original Smoothie

Earlier this year, my boytoy suffered an injury that rendered him unable to eat, and he was reduced to soups, juices and smoothies. I happily jumped onto the smoothie train. Unfortunately, his idea of a smoothie included ice cream and milk, which my 12 week workout program just does not condone.

I started messing with recipes for my own smoothies, using yogurts and such, but I have been trying to cut out as much dairy as possible, and I have finally perfected my smoothie to the most minimum ingredients and maximum deliciousness.

I soaked two tablespoons of chia seeds in vanilla almond milk for a good 15 minutes. Chia seeds thicken and release a gel that helps get a good consistency, the almond milk is dairy-free and the vanilla in there helps with flavor. I added my own protein powder but that's optional.

Put that in a blender with a banana (sometimes I also like pineapple and mango - I like the orange fruits) and a good amount of ice (ice is what makes smoothies thick) and it was cold, flavorful, delicious and boyfriend-approved. YOU'RE WELCOME!

Don't say I never taught you anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment