Monday, June 8, 2020

Big Announcement

Well, in the middle of these very dark days, and today, on mine and AJ's year and a half wedding anniversary, here's the official announcement that we're expecting!



Yes, we found out right before lockdown happened, so that was fun (not), but we've been weathering the pandemic and general life in these days okay.

We weren't able to tell family in person due to the lockdowns, but I was able to tell my mom, on my birthday, right before lockdown happened, so here's a fun video of that happening.





For the rest of the immediately family, we mailed them fun surprises to announce (scratch-off lottery tickets and a Mother's Day card for AJ's mom in Nashville that told her she was going to be a grandmother for the first time), so it was still exciting. We also arranged a Skype call with Shannon and Luke in England to tell them personally, and that was fun too and we got footage of that as well.




To answer all the questions that I can for now:


-No, we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet
-Yes, we plan on finding out (my anatomy scan ultrasound is scheduled for June 23)
-Current due date is November 16, 2020 (a Scorpio!)
-Yes, it's definitely a singleton (I was convinced it would be twins for a hot second)
-I hardly have any semblance of a bump! I am 17 weeks along today, and while you may say, "what are you talking about, that's a bump!" I look EXACTLY the same as I did 5 weeks ago at 12 weeks along, and I've always had this FUPA gut, it's definitely genetic, it's even there in my wedding photos (and like, all my photos). But, I guess it's a little something.



And here's a picture from last week of Khaleesi keeping her watchful, suspicious eye on Anana.



I wish I could let them know how different their world is going to be in about 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment